Sunday, March 22, 2009

Not just for little bums...

The other day I was cleaning up my living room. It's the easiest room to clean, but for some obscure reason, most of which I still don't understand, it gets dirty and dusty! Ugh! I have several wooden side tables and a piano. There are always grubby little Sweet and Sour hand prints everywhere and Sugar has a tendency to practice the piano just after eating munchies. Spice would be happy to know that I haven't formally implicated her in this dilemma, though I'm sure she had a "hand" in making this room a mess.

So, back to the cleaning. I look at the dusty and grubby piano and let out a huge *sigh*. I don't want to go get my dusting supplies, so I lazily lean down and grab Sweet and Sour's wet wipes and begin scouring the room with them.

Suddenly, I realize that perhaps this wasn't the best idea. Is it OK to use wet wipes on wood?...I mean, if I can scrub my newborn's precious little bottom with them, they should be gentle enough for my piano right? Unsure, I turn to my pal Google and she tells me that many people have used these for dusting and even people with antique furniture use them!

Ooodelolly! I now keep a package in just about every room and I use them to wipe down painted surfaces (they work great on walls and molding), my leatherish bar stools, and lots of other surfaces! Simple dimple! I love how quick and easy they are and the furniture looks great, and smells powder fresh!

P.S. I buy them at Costco because I like how the package is a stay fresh container in and of itself! No transferring to a "tub"! Plus, they come in bulk and sometimes they have $2 off coupons, much cheaper than other furniture wipes!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ooohhh, excellent idea! and oh dear, I am not liking that picture of me. I'm not just being dumb...yucky...I dont like it. Can we remove it? Oh wait, I can probly do that myself!

JesseandJessieZawalski said...

Hi! So um..I don't know how to post anything on here. So i'll be down tomorrow and maybe you can teach me!

Jamie said...

Great idea...but I guess that means I actually have to make an effort to clean those marks off my walls & furniture, huh?

Mark and April Sullivan said...

I love that you used "oodelolly"! What a great word! I have a story for you about that one! I just discovered these wipes... definitely the best deal around for the stretchy, soft kind of wipes I like! Where do you get those coupons?

Jessi said...

I hate dusting so how convenient to just pull out a wipe! I didn't think you could use wipes but I never thought to ask google. I really should use google a little more. :) Thanks for this tip!