Monday, April 20, 2009

Question About Two Year Olds

So, I am not a mom! But my husband and I are nursery teachers to almost 10 two to three year olds. We have the same toys every week and I know that the kids may not get bored, but boy do I!!! I need some fun ideas of things that we can do to keep them entertained, especially during reading time. We haven't been having much luck with that one.

Also, here is one freebie idea. Visit Provo Freecycle http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProvoUTFreecycle/ . I love it! I have given some people some things that they have needed and have obtained a couple things that I have needed through this site. It has been great! One man's trash is another man's treasure.

4 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Wonderful link!~ Thanks for the tip!

Shane's Angie said...

I'll tell you what my nursery leaders do that works great, the break things up A LOT! They go from one activity to the next. Coloring, puzzles, snacks, a lesson, then singing and dancing time, then a "grandparent" comes to read a story, then they blow bubbles. It's amazing! Good luck!

Shan said...

What is the "grandparent" coming to read the story? I like that idea. And dancing time? We do the other things, switching from one activity to the next.

Shane's Angie said...

Hi Shan! Ok, so the "grandparent" is any grandparent age person who is willing to come in and read a favorite story of their choice. Dancing time is actually a combination of music time. We actually have a music time calling in our ward. She comes and brings some instruments, a CD player with kid music (the Church CD for Primary is great!) and she even brings some scarfs for the kids to dance around with. She turns on the music and has them stomp to the beat, sing along, or dance. The kids love it!