Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Utah Food Co-op

Apparently, I am in a posting mood today. I don't know if many of you have heard of the Utah Food Co-op, but I absolutely love it. For $23 last month, I received the following:

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 lb. cubed pork
1 - 4 lb. whole roasting chicken
4 - 4 oz. salisbury steaks
1 - 5 lb. bag of small red potatoes
7 bananas
1 lb. strawberries
5 oranges
4 tomatoes
3 cucumbers
1 pkg. red leaf lettuce
1 head of broccoli

For your first order, to become a member, they recommend a minimum donation of $5 and then every month after that, you are just asked to provide 2 hours of service a month to someone outside of your family, this can include your church calling or any other form of volunteering you may do. You can order as many shares as you need and even half shares, etc. Go to this website for more information http://www.foodco-op.net/ . I love it and I highly recommend it. The Provo pickup location is in need of volunteer help on their Saturday pick up dates because most of the BYU students have disappeared for the summer. It is all good quality food! I highly recommend checking it out.

2 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Whoa! I've never heard of this before! Sounds like a great program!

Surrounded by boys!!! said...

I TOO LOVE THE CO-OP! Its really a great deal on groceries, and almost everything comes from UTAH!! Good way to support local growers and farmers. Also I love the Nutty Guy Sampler, I think its $11 but you get a lot. I am a sucker for nuts!