I live in a house of 7 adult women... I know, I am clinically insane. But living with 6 other girls who have been raised different ways, you really learn some great tricks of the trade. In comes stain removing techniques!
What does shampoo, sprite and bread have in common? They are all STAIN FIGHTERS!

Food or Blood stains: You know the .88 cent bottle of white rain or suave shampoo (clear kind)? When you have a pretty big stain this is your ticket. Just squirt some on to your item, ad a tidbit of water, scrub the cloth together and throw it into the wash.. BRILLIANT and TONS cheeper than Shout, etc.
Spill on your self at a party? Isn't that the worst. Well something that is tried and true for me is to put sprite (usually at all Utah functions) on a towel (napkins shread too much) and blot that stain away. It has saved a cute party outfit for me more times that I can count. (If you don't have sprite around.. baby wipes are the next best thing!)
Another use for sprite? CUTS! I know this sounds weird but if you get a bad cut and you happen to have sprite around just soak it in sprite.. it hurts a bit but it saved me from 15 stitches (atleast that is what the doctor told me when I went to have my slice on my foot checked...long story)
Make-up stains: This next stain tip I learned while working at Casual Corner (do you all remember that store?). Removing lipstick or foundation from clothes. At a clothing store I tell you what, you see this several times a day. If you ever come across this problem, simply take a piece of white bread and literally scrub it over the make-uped area. Yes the bread crumbles everywhere but it absorbs the makeup and your outfit is as good as new!
3 comments:
I did not know ANY of that and I am very greatful! Thanks for the tips! Those are wonderful ones!!!
Wow Megs! You are a wealth of knowledge!
I'm horrible at getting stains out! Thanks for the help!
Post a Comment