Friday, April 3, 2009

Pass Me a Hefty!

I apologize in advance for the unpleasantness of this post. But let's be honest, motherhood isn't always butterflies and daisies.

This past school year my daughter entered kindergarten, my son entered preschool, and my baby started attending nursery. I'm accrediting this lovely coincidence with the disgusting conveyor-belt of random diseases that have plagued my family these past months.

An upset stomach seems to be the ailment of choice in my home and vomiting seems to be the only way for small abdomens to reduce their suffering. My children are NOT the best at relieving themselves in the bathroom and subsequently I have had to replace several bed pillows (sometimes it's just best to toss the soiled items!)

This past week, my family was again at battle with the latest round of yuckies when I discovered an easy way to cut down on the collateral damage done by misfiring children.

I covered my toddler's pillow with a garbage bag and then replaced it with an old pillowcase!

Voila'! My pillows are saved!

I would also like to apologize for the poor quality of my pictures. I was slightly frantic to get my son laid back down with a pot!


Now, can anyone tell me why nursery is the equivalent to a petri dish?

4 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Why didn't I think of this? I've lost many a pillow to a child yakking on it in the middle of the night! Yay!
(I so adore it when someone besides me posts...thanks for supporting the blog Missy...btw, I need a pic and a profile description some day, if you want of course!)

Unknown said...

Such a smart idea. I am dreading my kids entering school for this reason...but I will never lose a pillow to it now!

Jessi said...

sorry I haven't been posting! AAAHH! I have been so busy! Anyway, this is such a fabulous idea! Next time the flu comes around, I will be pulling out the garbage bags!

Jamie said...

What a great idea...I will definitely be trying this the next time the stomach flu attacks our house.