SUNBURNED: It's that time of year when we all think, its not too bad outside, I don't need sunscreen. Well later on that night you wish you had used it. You look like a lobster and are hurting all over and just your luck you have no aloe vera or anything else helpful in the house for this terrible burn. WRONG! You do. Vinegar. Yes, its works amazingly well. Just put 1/2cup vinegar into 2 cups water and mix it. Then apply like a sponge bath (or with a washcloth) to the afflicted area. Allow it to air dry.
Other uses for VINEGAR.
Clean microwave (1part vinegar, 4 parts water)
Surface Household Cleaner (1 part vinegar, 4 parts water)
I keep mine in a spray bottle. Then I know its safe for kids to use too.
Nasty Smells around the house. (straight vinegar)
Put into a bowl or glass and leave out on countertop overnight. The vinegar absorbs the smells!
Pet or children accidents on carpet ( 1 part vinegar, 2 parts water)
Scrub area that has been affected. Vinegar will clean and absorb any odor.
While I am thinking about odor. Help your garbage cans smell better by placing a dryer sheet in the bottom of the can. It will last weeks, smelling fresh each time you remove a bag! I also like to put one in the bottom of my dirty clothes hampers, keeping the laundry smelling fresh.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I knew about Vinegar for cleaning and deordorizing, but not for sunburns! Wow! Tis the season for that tip! Thanks!
You are related to me!! This must be a Schroeppel family thing!! Thanks for posting! See... you did it! Doesn't it feel good!
Post a Comment