Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm a Basket Case!

Hi Ladies!
Perhaps I'm slow at this whole "mothering" thing, but I have recently discovered the awesome versatility of the laundry basket.

I like to keep a basket at the top and bottom of my stairs. When I am cleaning the upstairs, any item belonging downstairs is thrown into the basket and carried down when it's convenient for me. Of course, the same ritual applies to the basket at the bottom of the stairs.


And, with the beautiful weather I have been picnicking with the children. More than once last year I made it all the way to our local park only to find I had forgotten the blanket or sunblock. (argh!) But by placing a basket by the front door, I can toss the block in next to the blanket and still wrestle sandals on my toddler's fat feet! Then I just throw the basket in the back of my M.V. (aka mini-van............I'm trying desperately to make my ride sound cooler) and we're off to our destination!
- Missy

2 comments:

Jessi said...

ha ha! I do that and it's not ever on purpose but now I'm going to tell my husband that it is! It is so handy! I will agree!

Shane's Angie said...

That would sure help keep those darned stairs clear! I always stack stuff on them thinking I will get around to taking them down, and I end up taking them down with me as I trip over them! Good idea!

BTW, I give my minivan a name, and it sounds cooler. Mine is the "White Pearl" in honor of my favorite movie series and instead of hollerin' at the kids to get in the "van", I yell..."Avast ye hardies, ye be boarding the White Pearl now...Savvy?"