Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!

If you are wanting to enjoy this delightful holiday, here's a few ideas from one of my favorite sources...family fun magazine: Click HERE to get started!

In addition to all of these ideas, I've heard a few just this morning that sounded fun! A friend of mine sent her kids with bandaged arms and black eyes! I'm gonna do that next year! Another friend of mine puts on Christmas music, makes hot cocoa, and pretends it's December! She invites friends over for some holiday cheer! Hilarious!

As for our own family, I'm not too keen on extremely messy or cruel jokes, but I'm all about making things crazy! Last year we welcomed dad home to a dinner served on the oddest utensils and containers we could find, with the table turned upside down, and then we all put on our clothes backward. Needless to say, dad was very surprised when he came home to this odd looking dinner!

This year, I'm hoping to cook something up, but Sweet and Sour is sick with another ear infection and I have been bound to the couch with her curled on my lap all day. So, this year may prove to be the biggest joke by having no jokes at all :(

3 comments:

Lani said...

I'm sorry about Sweet and Sour-poor little thing!
I love reading the Family fun April Fools ideas. I haven't tried any as of yet, but I guess I better get on it, since my kids are getting older!
I remember you post from last year! So fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ang,

I think you're entitled to let a holiday slide. I spent about an hour last night going back through all your 2008 posts. I was actually looking for the ideas you posted about April fools last year but got caught up reading alot of your older posts. What an amazing journal you have of your family's life. I had grand plans to turn our table upside down and eat spaghetti with funny utinsils but it didn't happen. There's always next year. Love ya, Angie

Jessi said...

I love that you find cute little websites for all these little holidays to make them that much more fun! I didn't do anything this April Fool's. Dang it. I did love your "dirty diaper" prank. hahahaha..