Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Festivities!

I tried the Easter Egg Silk dying project that was listed by Jessi earlier, and discovered that green material doesn't work well, but bright blues and pinks do better. I didn't use ties, they were ridiculously expensive at Savers (for dying eggs anyway) so I just purchased a few scraps of silk fabric from the store. Only one material worked well enough to see, but even it was faded. Nevertheless, when we took these eggs that didn't "dye" and used regular egg dye on them, the most beautiful things happened! They looked marbled, and speckled, and tye dyed...so fun! My kids dubbed them "dragon eggs". Don't they look like that?




We celebrate our Easter Basket Morning on Saturday so we can reserve Sunday for thinking about Christ and not worrying about candy and rotting eggs left under the couch!


So, we had our "Easter Morning" activities already so here's a few ideas you might want to use if you are doing this tomorrow!





Bunny Breakfast:


Just a frozen waffle, with another one cut in the shape of bunny ears. A strawberry nose, banana and choco chip eyes, and yogurt whiskers. The kids loved 'em and mom loved how very easy they were to assemble and the kids were willing to eat everything (I pondered a raisin for the eyes, but knew they'd be thrown out with disgust!)

We then had a little family discussion on the Resurrection and watched this amazing clip:



Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Lani said...

Man, I so could have done the waffle thing! Logan LOVES frozen waffles. I guess there's always next year! (That's kind of been my saying this last year--I'd better work on that!) Loved the Easter Thoughts too. That was such an awesome talk.

Jessi said...

I'm so glad you tried the egg thing! I tried it too! A couple of mine worked but not nearly as well as the website... of course. But I love your eggs anyway! so cute!

And I LOVE the bunny waffles! Gosh you are so creative!