
So, since this is a public blog.. I need some advice....
(I put this on our family blog too... so sorry for the repeat)
#1 first question... how do you keep your littles out of the pantry or cupboards? I put a doorknob lock on and I probably made it easier for them to get in. So, I put on one of those fridge locks that stick to the wall.. no luck. They sure did rip that right off. Or is the pantry just supposed to stay a free for all? what do you think?
#2 second question.. What age did you take your kids out of their crib and make the change to a bed?
My little K just turned 2 in January and for her birthday we put up a big girl bed. Well, ever since.. she hasn't slept very good and wants to come sleep with me. She does okay some nights but is still up by 7 in the morning. And that is SOOO not her. She is a sleeper and always has been. I keep just thinking it's the age but then I'll put her to bed in my room in the playpen sometimes and she sleeps sound all night and doesn't wake up till 9 or even 10. Did I take her out of her crib too soon? I've been battling putting it back up.. help.
4 comments:
Yay Jessi! Thanks for contributing...and questions are the perfect thing for this! Here's my two cents worth...
I let my cupboards be a free for all, but my kids didn't tear through them too much. I had one big bottom drawer full of tupperwear that I always let them go through. They didn't seem to care about anything else, so I'm not much help there...
The crib...OK, none of my kids liked the crib, so they all slept on a big mattress on the ground (next to CK1 or I until they were big enough to be on their own!). I think, if she likes the crib and sleeps better in it...don't hesitate to let her stay in it! I'm not into making kids grow up faster than they are ready and some just aren't ready as soon as others. My Pediatrician told me to do whatever I needed to do to make everyone sleep. Period. Good luck! Hopefully someone with more experience than me will give you better answers!
This is like having a little playdate mom talk on the internet! Like Angie my cupboards are pretty free for all too. Not that I haven't SEVERAL times almost put locks on them and it gets sooo messy and drives me crazy but it DOES keep them busy and I know the stage will pass. Natalie was obsessed with the sandwich bag drawer for awhile and I had to take it out and put it on the counter most days. Annoying. But again, it passed. As for beds, we are a crib family. Jansen (3 1/2) is actually STILL in one kind of. That's a little strange though. It has a side rail that pulls down and he can get in and out but he likes it and I like it so we use it. I think if she likes the crib and there isn't a reason to take her out besides she is growing up then maybe put her back in. Good luck girl!
I had a bed set up in their bedroom along with their crib for a while. Once they started showing interest in the bed & asking to sleep in it is when we started making the transition. It was only a couple of days from start to finish before they were completely transitioned. But don't force them out of the crib if they're not ready.
Our pantry is constantly being "reorganized" by my toddler & I just figured it's the way things will be for a while. I just wish that his mess was confined only to the pantry...he also unloads every drawer, cupboard, pantry & knick knack in my house every chance he gets. Good luck on that one! I can't wait to hear if anyone else has a suggestion on this one. I'd be willing to pay big bucks for a solution!
In my pantry, I like to leave small boxes of raisins or dried cereal on the bottom shelf. This way when his curious fingers go exploring, there are lovely little snacks to distract him.
The crib to bed transtion has proven to be quite the dilemma in our household. My daughter loved her new bed and loved sleeping in it. My oldest son would have preferred to sleep in my bed, but for some reason he was afraid of trying to get down. My youngest, however, is giving us a horrible time and I would love to move him back to his crib. Unfortunately, we moved him because he was consistently trying to climb out of his crib and falling. I guess I would rather deal with an annoying two year old in my bed then have him get hurt.
What a long comment and not much help I'm afraid!
Post a Comment