In sheer desperation I head to my good friend, Google. Dearest Google, I beseach you, I beg you! I need to find, and I quote, "The Best Window Cleaner". Google is always so reliable and quick to respond. I click on the first link given me and there's a comment thread on a Gardeners website. It tells the story of a woman who is at the store and sees another woman in line ahead of her with 20 or so boxes of cornstarch. She decides to ask her what she's doing with all that cornstarch (and no, it's not for a project on the Ellen show...but that is really cool, you can watch on youtube...and I put it on the bottom of this post!). She cleans windows professionally and uses a mixture of cornstarch and water to clean the windows. About four or five cups to one tablespoon.
So, I'm thinking, "There's no way this works", but I'm also thinking "Two minutes ago I was willing to buy whatever Google told me was the best window cleaner and here I have everything to make it right here...it's worth a try right?". Well, of course, the answer to myself was yes, and thus I began my journey...
P.S. It also works wonders on stainless steal and granite!
***OK, here's the scoop ladies, I bought a smaller spray bottle and added the water and cornstarch. Suddenly, I discovered it didn't work as well?! I went back to the forum and realized I was using too little cornstarch. Please use a couple tablespoons for a small spray bottle. It will work much better. Also, I find that the "bar mop" towels at Costco work great at sopping up the water. Also, don't spray a ton, just two sprays did my whole patio door! Then, you don't have so much to wipe off!
4 comments:
wow! I definitely want to try that!! And that video is cool.. I have to say I didn't think it would work. Pretty amazing that it did :)
Are you posting this bit of advice because you have walked by my house lately?
My windows are horrific! But in my defense, can someone please tell me how in the world a bird can manage to poop directly on my front room window? What have I ever done to the local fowls?
Good tip Angie! I will be trying it this weekend for sure!
OK, here's the scoop ladies, I bought a smaller spray bottle and added the water and cornstarch. Suddenly, I discovered it didn't work as well?! I went back to the forum and realized I was using too little cornstarch. Please use a couple tablespoons for a small spray bottle. It will work much better. Also, I find that the "bar mop" towels at Costco work great at sopping up the water. Also, don't spray a ton, just two sprays did my whole patio! Then, you don't have so much to wipe off!
loved the video... I did a similar thing at EFY where I put corstarch and water and made it in to a ball.. as long as I was working it... it stayed a solid.. the second I stopped.. turned to a gooey mess.. I likened that to our testomonies as long as we are working at it we are going to be solid... the second we become compacent and lazy we are a mess.... LOVED that video and I love Ellen more than oprah these days!
Post a Comment