Monday, December 7, 2009

Dear Santa...

Wanna send your letter to Santa and help those in need? You can do both this season at your local Macy's Department store!

I saw this advertised on television and decided to let the Chickies send their letters in! Here's the scoop. You go to Macy's. They have a desk set up for you to write your letter on and they provide the stationary too! (We made our own cards because we didn't know about the stationary!)
Then, you drop your letter to Santa into the beautiful mailbox made just especially for the Jolly Old Soul. With every letter received the "Believe" meter goes up...and with each letter written, Macy's has decided to donate $1 to the Make a Wish Foundation!!!!
So, bundle up your littles and head off to Macy's and feel good about helping out children in need! (And also make wonderful memories for your kids too)


BTW, I spoke to the gentlement in charge of this at Macy's (he happened to be gathering the letters when we stopped by. You can see him behind the mailbox in the picture!) He mentioned that some of the letters will be chosen to receive a reply, so put your return address on the letter if you want to be considered for this. We didn't know about that, so we just signed our names, but if I were to do it again, I'd put our return address...just in case we were chosen!

No comments: