Friday, May 22, 2009

From the Ensign

I found these words very applicable and helpful to me today. Maybe they will be for you too!
From a reader (Jean Pace) on pg 12 of the June 2009 Ensign:
"Too much of a good thing is, well, too much. It's hard for me to feel happy when I'm tired and overscheduled. And when we're not happy, it's hard to enjoy the quirky chaos children bring to our lives. Occasionally, it seems we're trying so hard to be good examples of diligence, hard work, and service that we forget to bless our children with an example of calm, happy peacefulness."

"I also try not to do too much multi-tasking. In our family, I've found that spilled milk is a tragedy only if I have planned a million activities for the day and am trying to serve breakfast while also checking my email (I totally do this!) and getting laundry started. Families with young children need space in the day to wiggle. Parents of young children need space in the day to breathe. Emptiness, anger, and exhaustion are not what Heavenly Father expects from or desires for us."

2 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

J, this was totally inspired. Thank you, I need this. Today. You are my long distance, but very close cuz who always knows what I need :)

Jessi said...

Yeah, I think we all need to remind ourselves once in a while to leave the dishes and play cars with our kids.. or whatever they want to do. :) love it.