I do NOT like pumpkin pie. Many years ago I threw it up and I think that's what did me in (crucial details). But I really like this pumpkin dessert! We made it for Nate's birthday party the other night and had it with ice cream. Yummers.
1(15 oz) can pumpkin puree
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
4 eggs
1 1/2 c white sugar
2 t pumpkin pie spice
1 t salt
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 c chopped pecans (optional)
1 c margarine, melted
1 8 oz container whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9x13 pan.In large bowl combine pumpkin, evaporated milke, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well, spread into prepared pan.Sprinkle cake mix over top of pumpkin mixture and pat down. Sprinkle pecans (optional), then drizzle with melted margarine.Bake for 60-80 min. or until done. Top w/ whip cream or vanilla ice cream when ready to serve.
2 comments:
I'm making this pronto. I'm literaly salivating, and I just ate a doughnut (I shouldn't be hungry right?) Yummers.
This is so good! A lady brought it into hubby's work and we have made it 2x since. YUMMY! And I second you on the grossness that is pumpkin pie.
Post a Comment